Friday, June 4, 2010


Normally I only post layouts, but today is a different day! What was I thinking? Is it February - the month I always do crazy things like dye my hair all kinds of funky colors, start some odd ball weird diet? Nope, for some reason, today I woke up and decided that I was gonna get my haircut, not just cut, but really cut! I decided also that since my current salon of 7 yrs has gone up to $35 (not to mention the product hawking) since my "stylist" is now a "master stylist" (although her cuts have yet to reach master stylist status in my humble opinion), I was gonna look for a new do and a new do-er! Of course, I had the answer, google! Of course! So I googled Bethlehem salons (I'm crazy, but didn't want to go crazy too far from home) & narrow it down to 2 newer and innovative salons. (reads: a step higher than Holiday Hair, lol) I started to decide if rock, paper, scissors was the answer and realized that was hard to do since I was alone! Eeeny, meeny, miney moe won out & Lux (who touts themselves as eco-friendly and organic, no less) won out! Actually the deciding factor was that they give a 5 minute intense scalp massage with every shampoo and they were donating all hair trimmings to the oil spillage clean-up. No brainer on that one! Enter Josh, my young and new stylist. I went for suggestions and when the poor guy was giving me some new hair ideas, I was coming up with new ones like, "how about we trim it up about an inch and then we can discuss options for my next visit!" What a wuss! Next thing I know, I am nodding and saying, "ok, go for it Josh". Nine thick and wavy inches later, I now have the short and curlies! I have to say he did a wicked wicked cut (photo doesn't do it any justice), I'm just in shock! Boy, this is gonna take some getting used to! AND HOW WAS YOUR DAY!

2 comments:

  1. Remember hair grows back. Looks great and with the hot weather here you'll love it. Also the clippings are going for a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely LOVE the new hair do! It looks adorable on you!!!!

    Having said that, I have a funny story for you. When we moved here five years ago - I didn't know ANYONE...and my older daughter and I walked into a Holiday Hair (could it be that bad?) - and both walked out with EIGHTIES HAIR!!! IT WAS AWFUL!!!!! LOL!!!! NEVER AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete