Friday, October 22, 2010

got fish?

My friends (retired Marines) Carmen and Abdul during their annual October trek to Pulaski NY for the salmon run.  This was the first of their many catches!    The journaling reads:  The Marines have landed in Pulaski and are taking no prisoners! No salmon is safe!  I have to write "retired" Marines because in the words of the great LeRoy Jethro Gibbs (NCIS), "there is no such thing as a former Marine"! (I watch way too much TV! LOL).  Used Bo Bunny Roughin It Nature pp (& K&Co papers), tsukineko & colorbox inks and the fish are all distressed with about 5 types of Tim Holtz distress inks.  They were cut from the Cricut Camp Out cartridge.  Chain punch is from EK Success.  Fish hook was swiped from my hubby's tackle box.  Used Sketch #145 from Sketch Inspirations

3 comments:

  1. This is a GREAT layout - and I LOVE the journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great papers, colors & embellishments. Nice job on the journaling. Will you give this to them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew the faces looked familiar. I saw Abdul this weekend BACA. Great page. Love the creative way you used a real fish hook in the layout.

    ReplyDelete