Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Nature at its finest

Nature at its finest.  My friend Phil took this photo behind his place in the Poconos.  We've had a lot of bears over the years, but I have yet to see a mama bear and her cub up close & personal. I guess it's a good thing since this is the only time they will become aggressive if they perceive a threat to their young.  They are awesome and most beautiful in person.  This mama is about 400 lbs give or take.  Used My Minds Eye "When "owl" grow up" paper collection and versa magic/inkadinkado inks.  Vine is from my California buddy, Karen, (Lost Coast Scrapper) and the alphas are doodlebug simply sweet & mini alphas are by Carolee's Creations.  Just wanted to change things up & do a very simple (and mindless!) layout!

3 comments:

  1. Great photo. I was there this past weekend and a large bear was next to my car while I was sitting in it. Good thing it was raining or I would have been in the golf cart. Awesome sight. Wish I had my camera. He just walked in the woods on his merry way. I like the paper and elements on this page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture and papers to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't know how jealous I am right now!!! I am making it my life's goal to see a black bear in nature!!! LOL!!

    This is GORGEOUS, Donna!! Not only are the bears beautiful...but your layout totally rocks!

    ReplyDelete