Friday, June 10, 2011

RIP Murphy Brown 1/9/97 - 6/10/11

At 12:35 a.m. I said good-bye to my best friend Murphy Brown.  They certainly broke the mold with this gal.  Everyone who met her, instantly loved her.  She was 14 1/2 years old and died from congestive heart failure.  She just spent two great weeks in the mountains with us.  It was my first night back to work and I believe she waited for me to come home. Her last bout with CHF came on suddenly.  I am so glad I was able to lay with her for the last hour of her life as she crossed the rainbow bridge.  I have prayed that when death came to her, it would be peaceful, without struggle and at home.  I have been blessed to have her this long, but I am heartbroken.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear of your loss Donna. My sister just lost her best friend last month. They are probably in doggie heaven getting to know each other right now. RIP Murphy Brown (love that name).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!!! I'm so sorry, Donna. :( I know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet. My friend Shirley just lost her black Lab last night, too. So sad. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. DONNA my heart is breaking for you...............I am so so sorry to hear this. I am a HUGE dog lover and have 2 of my own and my heart breaks just thinking about the day something will happen to either one of mine. HUGS and please know that I am thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry about Murphy. I know how hard it is. Remember all the love she gave and how much love you gave her. My mom and Dad want you to know how sorry they are for your loss. They also want you to know that she will not be forgotten. Take care and see you soon.

    ReplyDelete