Monday, February 11, 2013

Life is a journey of the heart


Mixed media canvas - This is my first attempt at a mixed media canvas.  I'm actually happy with how it turned out.  I didn't have anything structured planned, just wanted to layer paper, add embellishments, paint, ink, stamps, etc.  Not quite sure what I'm doing yet, but I'm learning.  I am open to any suggestions so if you have any tutorials, links or tips, I'll be more than glad to take them!  Used Tim Holtz acrylic paints, paint dabbers, stamps, stickers & his grungeboard (I drew the heart on the grungeboard), gesso, chipboard butterflies & bling!  TFL!

4 comments:

  1. What a great first attempt Donna! Very impressive. If you're on Pinterest, there are tons of tutorials. I have a board devoted to art journal pages and one to tutorials. They're everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna! I haven't been by to check out your wonderful blog lately! What's up with that??? I absolutely LOVE your mixed media creation, so much! You did an AMAZING first canvas! Where did you buy the canvases? I don't have one, have just been using cardstock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon!

      Thanks for the compliment! I bought the canvas at M's near Rt 33. Thanks for the visit - I don't often get to check out the blogs :(

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete